Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
So looks like the new engine is really delivering with all these great reviews coming out.

So LR initially launched the DS with 2 main flaws - the engine and the extremely underwhelming infotainment system.

They've fixed one of those things - so now time for them to sort out the infotainment - admittedly a vast improvement over earlier LR models, but still way way of the german competitors. LR need to put their hands in their pockets and put some more serious investment into their software development and at least be competitive with BMW.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Nothing wrong with the original engine , tried and tested. First LR I have bought and nothing at all wrong with the engine unless you do high mileage and mpg are important to you.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
We will see how good the new engine his when members on here actually get there's , Personnaly with all the issues so far I am doubtful it will be issue free.

·
Registered
47 Posts
philn said:
Nothing wrong with the original engine , tried and tested. First LR I have bought and nothing at all wrong with the engine unless you do high mileage and mpg are important to you.
I agree. Tried and tested engine, been a workhorse for Land Rover for many years. Never an issue. Be interesting to see how the new engine proves to be...?

·
Registered
88 Posts
OK I agree incorrect choice of words - replace "flaw" with "shortfall". Surely there's no argument about that? The industry commentators will pretty unanimous on that.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Changed the Black Pack alloys for the off-road test I noticed. That's me scuppered this winter then! Always style over substance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.