Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Had confirmation from dealer I`ll get my car delivered to my house on Saturday afternoon ready for the moring of 1st of March to have a play in it

Getting excited now

Haven`t even seen a black HSE yet in the flesh but from the pics it really suits the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,770 Posts
I does make you think that some dealers are better than others, I am collecting as I have with my old Discoverys, yet I had a £20k SEAT delivered by the salesman who did the handover routine at my house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Congratulations, i am sure you will enjoy.
Well done the dealer.

HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, flaps, rubber mats, bright finish tread plates, spare wheel, traffic sign recognition.
Delivery to dealer March end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First customers cars are released today from the factory. They`re expecting it Wednesday/Thursday and then on to me.

I had the 1st car Black HSE with drug busters windows and ebony interior

My mates had the 2nd from them in Corris Grey, drug buster windows with Black Roof and the 20" rims

Hope I don`t regret not having the 20" wheels when they come together on a transporter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Who's your dealer, seem to be on the ball.

Enjoy your car, mines blavk, so would appreciate some pics!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quick update, mine and my friends both got built on the same day and my friends got released and delivered to the dealer which my friend now gets today as originally planned for both of us.

However mine still hasn`t been released from the factory, so not quite the exciting weekend I had expected :roll: . But my friend is over the moon :D

we both had virtually the same cars apart from colour and wheels. Auto HSE`s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
From earlier posts about insurance uplift for keyless cars has anyone with an HSE imminent seen any hike due to keyles? Be very interested to know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
asl1956 said:
From earlier posts about insurance uplift for keyless cars has anyone with an HSE imminent seen any hike due to keyles? Be very interested to know.
No my quote was sane as for my FL2, with Aviva.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
I got a preliminary quote after placing my order, and it was £20 higher than my FL2, but £20 lower than what I'm currently paying with existing insurer. Will be changing to this new insurer as I will get '2 years replacement as new' in the price, equivalent to GAP insurance, for £204.

Was overtaken by a 15 Reg Evoque this morning, being delivered to buyer by my dealer (with trade plate on as well, of course).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
xxtrail said:
I got a preliminary quote after placing my order, and it was £20 higher than my FL2, but £20 lower than what I'm currently paying with existing insurer. Will be changing to this new insurer as I will get '2 years replacement as new' in the price, equivalent to GAP insurance, for £204.

Was overtaken by a 15 Reg Evoque this morning, being delivered to buyer by my dealer (with trade plate on as well, of course).
Please check the policy wording on the 'replacement as new' from your insurer - checked mine and whilst it is there, if the model is not available they revert to market value at the time of the loss. Just a bit of extra risk if, for example, LR ceased making the 2.2 launch engine available. In my case the the same model would then not be available and I'd be back to a market settlement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
I'm going to go with ALA. They have been very good at answering my questions via email and the price is much much better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
Lofi
Please check the policy wording on the 'replacement as new' from your insurer - checked mine and whilst it is there, if the model is not available they revert to market value at the time of the loss. Just a bit of extra risk if, for example, LR ceased making the 2.2 launch engine available. In my case the the same model would then not be available and I'd be back to a market settlement.
Checked with insurer, and it is 'replacement as new'. If the original model or engine is not then available, they say they would offer 'original purchase price' NOT market value. Seems good enough to me, at just over £200 for insurance including this cover, and this is honoured for two years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
xxtrail said:
Lofi
Please check the policy wording on the 'replacement as new' from your insurer - checked mine and whilst it is there, if the model is not available they revert to market value at the time of the loss. Just a bit of extra risk if, for example, LR ceased making the 2.2 launch engine available. In my case the the same model would then not be available and I'd be back to a market settlement.
Checked with insurer, and it is 'replacement as new'. If the original model or engine is not then available, they say they would offer 'original purchase price' NOT market value. Seems good enough to me, at just over £200 for insurance including this cover, and this is honoured for two years.
That's great, shows why it's always worth checking the fine print. Not difficult these days as the policy books seem much easier to understand than they used to be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
xxtrail said:
Lofi
Please check the policy wording on the 'replacement as new' from your insurer - checked mine and whilst it is there, if the model is not available they revert to market value at the time of the loss. Just a bit of extra risk if, for example, LR ceased making the 2.2 launch engine available. In my case the the same model would then not be available and I'd be back to a market settlement.
Checked with insurer, and it is 'replacement as new'. If the original model or engine is not then available, they say they would offer 'original purchase price' NOT market value. Seems good enough to me, at just over £200 for insurance including this cover, and this is honoured for two years.
xxtrail, what insurance company are you using because I'm comparing insurance company's at the moment to see who offers the best deal and cover ;)
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top