Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, 1 month after picking up the new toy, how are we doing??

3000 miles, or just a hair under. Partly because the last two and a half weeks we have been in central France, so there and back plus a degree of touring about. Won't continue at that level!

Engine - fine!

Gear box - grr. Never really happy with autos but I'd hoped they were better by now! Lulled by her SLK, i think that in part the Merc box is better but in part the SLK has 550nm of torque so just doesn't NEED to change down to go when you want it to, and the DS does. So I'm happy enough coz I just use the paddles and the box is in the gear I want it to be in coz I tell it. Oh - and when in one of the off-road modes, it should NOT switch back to auto unbidden. I was half way down a steep hill in 1st and it decided I wouldn't mind if it went back to Auto and changed up to 2nd. Good job I was paying attention.

Driving - therefore - entirely happy, eats the miles, easy on the motorway, good handling (for the class of vehicle) on the bends. Seats are comfortable enough. The foot-rest for the left hoof is at a funny angle which tips you foot inwards, which gets rather uncomfortable after an hour or so. But on cruise control I just prop my left foot against the heel of my right which is fine.

Complaints - and these have yet to be presented to the dealer to fix so no leapyshouty yet

- paintwork - something's coming off it leaving white milky streaks all over everything. I assume this is the paint treatment they sold me coming off, so they can put it back right this time, or get rid of it all and I'll get it polished.
- squeak - I thought it was the rear seat, but a rear seat passenger assures me it's in front of them. Dealer shall find it.
- leak - water gets in to the tailgate, causes condensation in the rear lights. Then it gets out again over my head when I open the back. Some also gets on the load liner.
- instrument cluster - once rebooted whilst I was driving - went through it's start-up test, showed me tyre pressure, seatbelt warning etc., before returning to normal.
- radio - HAS to stay on when I want it to. I don't mind it going off after 4 mins when the engine isn't running BUT if I turn it BACK on after that, it needs to stay on.

A couple of niggles with InControl. I don't want to have to enter my email AND my password to have it tell me stuff - make it remember who I am, just a pwd for security. Or a PIN. And why can I choose to list all journeys between two dates/times, but I can only download one "page" of the resulting hits - if you want to download an entire month of journeys you need to page-down, download, page-down, download, etc... - and why download by emailing it? Just *download* it already! Soggy thinking by programmers.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beast said:
Interesting comments .

I have the opposite with the radio - I only want it on when I want it, not each and every time I start the car up. It seems to matter little whether I turn the volume right down or switch it off completely when I leave the car - it's on again when I next start-up, or so it seems.

I would like InControl to have a very simple "averaging" thingy so I could select say all journeys ever/all journeys this trip etc. and get an average fuel consumption, Unless I'm missing something this isn't possible.
I think you can set the "turn-on" volume in the setup page so you could set it to zero, then you just turn the knob rather than press it when you want output.

Frankly I'm entirely happy to do my own analysis, it's easy enough in Excel or whatever, but to do that you need to download ALL the data, and having to do it one page at a time is just nuts!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beast said:
ccomley said:
Frankly I'm entirely happy to do my own analysis, it's easy enough in Excel or whatever, but to do that you need to download ALL the data, and having to do it one page at a time is just nuts!
I'd lose the will to live and it's easier to measure the fuel since last fill up and use a calculator if LR can't make it simple for us.
IF you just want a big total. But, for example, just back from France, if I want to know how the MPG for that trip compares with the over-all number, or the first week after a service compares with the last week before... I like the option. That's easy if you can download the data, not compulsory of course, but they made it just about as difficult as possible TO download the data without actually stopping you doing it.

G

·
ccomley said:
Beast said:
ccomley said:
I'd lose the will to live and it's easier to measure the fuel since last fill up and use a calculator if LR can't make it simple for us.
IF you just want a big total. But, for example, just back from France, if I want to know how the MPG for that trip compares with the over-all number, or the first week after a service compares with the last week before... I like the option. That's easy if you can download the data, not compulsory of course, but they made it just about as difficult as possible TO download the data without actually stopping you doing it.
Yes - it seems as though LR don't see the bleedin' obvious sometimes.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you go into the Eco section on the main touch screen you can get (from memory) a list and graph of best/average and last few journeys fuel consumption.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.